BEYOND BROKEN LIPS - By John Chizoba Vincent


Save your heart woman!
I need it no more to live;
our future is no longer together.


Your pleads can't save the day,
You've unbuttoned my anger; 
go to that man that satisfies you more!


Give me freedom!
I need peace not pieces 
dangling with a broken spirit.


Two tales of insanity fidgeting, 
one teething urges of freedom, 
separation knocking behind; 
we can make a world apart!


Give me freedom!
A man of action looks beyond, 
marriage is a bondage; a forbidden tale 
seen in the mouth of cowards losing their mind.



©John Chizoba Vincent
Voice Of Vincent 2016


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A REVIEW OF DENJA ABDULLAH’S PLAY DEATH AND THE KING’S GREY HAIR - By Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

Is the English Language a Curse or Blessing to Nigeria? by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed