A rainbow and a dog - By Kazeem Adio

One side of the sky looked misty and somewhat cloudy

It made me feel like it was going to rain

I looked up on the other side, I saw a rainbow surrounded by stars

Beautiful and colorful, just like the queen of my town

glittering from afar even though it seems near

The closer I got to it, the more I wanted it to be saved

Cos the cloud on the other side is surely not any good

It brings the cold rain and takes down everything with it

But it seems my rainbow’s mind is all made up

That with the dark cloud, it is ready to fall

Ready to bear whatever pain comes along

And ready to be another casualty of love.

Like a dog that’s determined to get lost

The hunter’s warnings, it constantly ignores

Thinking with its heart instead of its mind

Believing it sees better and armed enough for the task

Not knowing what glitters sometimes might not be gold

And there are more numbers beyond the number ‘nine’.

(C) Kazeem Adio 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A REVIEW OF DENJA ABDULLAH’S PLAY DEATH AND THE KING’S GREY HAIR - By Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

NIGERIAN YOUTHS FROWN AGAINST JUNGLE JUSTICE