MY BLOODY PARADISE – BY ADEYEMO EMMANUEL OLUWATOSIN

(A solemn night flute can be heard playing 
at the background...)


So I dream of that bloody day of
glee, as on my stable feet I stand;
like happy sun smiles, widely, eyes opened 
As if it was now, here; great day!
When I burst the blood bearing balloon by lasting the love bond

       
            Rumbling beats and noise of wedding
            ceremony envelopes the minutes...
             It falls as solemn voice of agogo begins...

Tell the obsolete long laughing sun; she is over efficient!
Tell her to go!
Her wet bed to find
And rest alone!
As once I dwelt when lifeless perfumed foam
was my Juliet, tell her! I want the blue moon at crest!
As I burst the blood bearing balloon by lasting love bond 



Tell baba, now I want to be loyal; omo ekun, omo eya!
I want to un-sheet the calm strong sword He gave me!
Tell mama to dance kuluso
Till my fruits she sees
Tell her to sing my brave oriki, rather than birth noise of haa!! yeee!!!
As I burst the blood bearing balloon by lasting love bond 





Oh! Tell sparrow-mouthed caps and net-like head ties;
That wonder comes after nine nights of needle and cloth
As double daring stalwarts than Beowulf
Shall stand, bounce and jump!
Telling them; my courteous kembe that seem rope-bound is now untied!
As I burst the blood bearing balloon by lasting love bond 


Oh! Let me trade with her my worthy wells of wise wealth!
My careful shirt and tight tenacious trousers;
And buy the key to this tender home of glory,
A prize million way worth than rubies and all Solomon begets
As I burst the blood bearing balloon by lasting love bond


Ask the loose zips and belts! Ask them!
What's soup when eaten hot and undone?
What's home; having no cotton to the inner court?
Tell them! Only few of a few and I, shall know this paradise when there
to burst with honour; the blood bearing balloon by lasting love bond


Oh! Daunting dance of duress and doom!
As neurons play back those beats of woe
When glowing glory's snatched with no kowtow
Oh! I stand a minute for those punctured red fresh wells
When, fiendly, thieves burst the blood bearing balloon by fading lust bond

Oreke! Want you not, that mama gets an over filled match box?
Than papa giving her knocks of words?
Omo osan! for your own "doggy" frivolity!

Want you not that your Aremu gives a 
Gentle knock of reverence; staining the white wall and
Entering into his most spacious citadel of everlasting honour?
As he burst the blood bearing balloon by lasting love bond


So I cry! Fresh budding leaves from wood of sensuality!
Throw not your Ogunakansoso to careless ocean of lust loss!
Enclave the frivolous balls and get glasses 
Of cautions for careless eyes to curb.

Hear!! Damsels!
Whose buttons hate to kiss and skirts; hate the knees.
It's so glorious!
Glori...o..u..s...I mean it;
Bursting the virtuous blood bearing balloon by lasting love bond!


 

 *OMO EKUN, OMO EYA; son of Tiger, son of youthfull leopard; behaving
exactly like his/her parents.
*KULUSO; A Yoruba dance, meant for baby loving women
ORIKI; Eulogy
*KEMBE; A big three quarter cut Yoruba trousers
*OGUNAKANSOSO; One and only fire source
*OREKE; A Yoruba female name; often used for uncommon beauties
*OMO OSAN; Daughter of the Orange; believed to be the cause of
her mother's fall.
*AREMU; A Yoruba noble name, often time; of influential young men.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A REVIEW OF DENJA ABDULLAH’S PLAY DEATH AND THE KING’S GREY HAIR - By Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

A CRITICAL REVIEW OF A PLAY TITLED “ARMattan of VENOM” BY OLANIYI ABDULWAHEED