THE SOWED BROTHERS – By Afolabi Dayo


(Poet’s note: Reminiscing on the creative work done by the biblical sower, we also like 'sheeps' having no shepherd were scattered abroad, fate had its say when I found myself among the tares, my brothers from the same mother were forced to live, some on the rocks which built in them stony hearts, some a step away from the vulture's nest).

I pray ye fateful sower, why not in your basket let us be?
Must you by your 'fowl-legged' fingers separate me from my brothers?
No! We want to be left alone, since we are descendants of one parent
Unity is what we seek
For togetherness we plead,
Of diversity, we are sick!

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

A REVIEW OF DENJA ABDULLAH’S PLAY DEATH AND THE KING’S GREY HAIR - By Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

Is the English Language a Curse or Blessing to Nigeria? by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed