TELL HIS EXCELLENCY - BY John Chizoba Vincent


When you get to Aso Rock
Help me inform his Excellency that
I do not dislike him so much, just four 
things he  made made me hate him:


His change has change my boxers
It made me change the Green Boxers 
that Maria bought for me and now put on 
the Black dusty one abandoned many years ago.


His policies has taken all the yams in my 
barns and left the place empty with scars
To remind me of when I was who I was
In the past of my past with a future of it.


He allowed hidden hands the right to build 
massive barns in a far land like a proud 
possessors of big bags yet they have nothing
but revival of pains hidden in people' pride.


Tell him to bring back our corruption and 
Take back his change that has looted us 
We can return all his polished tall brooms
Let him leave us to perish more in our doom.  


(C) John Chizoba Vincent
      Voice Of Vincent 2016


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A REVIEW OF DENJA ABDULLAH’S PLAY DEATH AND THE KING’S GREY HAIR - By Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

Never Saw Poverty Like This - By: Tosin Omotayo and kazeem Ademola