ORPHAN POEM- BY BADA YUSUFF AMOO

I was told, you are the termite
Feeding on the tree at the backyard
I was told, you are the goat
That feed on the remnants of yam at backyard
I was told you are the hawker
That sells beans-cake in my dreams at night
I was told you are the traveler
That lost in borderless desert
I was told, you are the ant that sway
That I see on my way to the farm
On each sunrise of the day
That whispers my ear aubade poem 
I was told you have gone far
That I cannot even trace your path

I was told you hid my face within your chest, mother
Before life showed your way to death
Can you still tell me the miseries in nature?
And the affairs of life itself
How can I tell my children in future?
How lone I have been in this forest of life
I was told this is where you scribed some miseries
By the veranda of your grave
That I could invoke some dramas of your memories
As my mouth fans those moments of the life you gave
They said your spirit breathes around me
Wait, I have enveloped some questions for you
Do you see me or do you hear me?
I want to know if your ear had not died with you 
Tell me the truth of your laid down
Or if you are too shy to whisper
I may revisit when silent night wear crown

When street shall be free of all listener  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A REVIEW OF DENJA ABDULLAH’S PLAY DEATH AND THE KING’S GREY HAIR - By Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

NIGERIAN YOUTHS FROWN AGAINST JUNGLE JUSTICE