My grandmother - a poem by Kazeem Adio

Many- a-times I have looked in the mirror
And who do I see, my shining Armour
A woman of strength & a lot of glamour
Dark-skinned like a velvet even in old age
Smiling at all times even when she's asleep
I remember her when i was a little child
She fed me day and night, never let me lack
Never letting anyone take away my pride
Taught me to stand tall even though I’m not
Trained me to be just even if I’ll drop
No one could touch me and not regret
She was always ready for any challenge
You should have seen her when she still had her breath
Now my hero is no more but I have inherited her strength
And I am so lucky to have learnt from the best.


..Kazeem Ademola Adio (2007)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A REVIEW OF DENJA ABDULLAH’S PLAY DEATH AND THE KING’S GREY HAIR - By Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

A CRITICAL REVIEW OF A PLAY TITLED “ARMattan of VENOM” BY OLANIYI ABDULWAHEED