POOR MAN’S PRAYER - BY BADA YUSUFF AMOO

I labour beneath the sunshine
I labour to fill my feeble belly
God, thank you today that I overcome hunger
I am here to lay my back under your lamp

Today, I have overcome the odious heat of life
I have laid my only cloth under your blue sky
Let it receive the breath of your sighs

I rest my soul on this muddy flour
When the noon sun had failed to dry
Oh heaven, keep the rain in your pouch
Till my sadness will rot in the night

God, I prepare to go on with this night
Let tomorrow mourn me
Or tomorrow be my fortune day
But if none of these come with its care

Surely, I will remind you next night

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A REVIEW OF DENJA ABDULLAH’S PLAY DEATH AND THE KING’S GREY HAIR - By Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

A CRITICAL REVIEW OF A PLAY TITLED “ARMattan of VENOM” BY OLANIYI ABDULWAHEED