I MARRY MY FARM NOT MY WIFE - BY OLANIYI ABDULWAHEED



Let my hoe divorce my home and marry my farm
Make my farm courts my might and fight my flaw
Let my machete marche, battle the weed
Make the plough pinches the earth with its claws
My scarecrow dances in whirling wind party!
Farm is meant for everyone,
Why everyone is not meant for every farm?

I marry my farm not my wife
If my wife cooks not,
Pawpaw needs no chicken to fuel my stomach.
And if my fridge boycotts,
Let orange, cashew, carrot,
Lodge at the chamber of my mold

Who says a farmer suffers in village?
If electricity shuns my roof
Let moon smile to my room
If fan divorces my village,
Let gentle breeze shun the city


Who mocks farmers in the farm?
Here you see the cowards
Who fuel the chest but flee
When the farm beckons for their might
The cowards worship the gyms,
Unlocking the fright in the city,
Men meant for farm
But glued with the street.

  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is the English Language a Curse or Blessing to Nigeria? by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

A CRITICAL REVIEW OF A PLAY TITLED “ARMattan of VENOM” BY OLANIYI ABDULWAHEED