BETWEEN LOVERS SERIES SERIES ONE: LOPSIDED WIND OF COMFORT - BY ADURAGBEMI BARNABAS



A. When you will be going to a place of belonging
Do not falter that you die not of my longing

B. As a thirsty soul in the scorching sun looks for water
So will you desperately want me among mortal

A. Surely, you have longed for a peace maker
Now, come be comforted on my three seater
B. Better for a bird to pitch its tent to the voice of falconer
So that "she" will not be lonely in time in one corner

A. Stop wandering about in parentheses
Come dwell straightly in my sentences
B. What a good decision to concur
A jewel of honour like bracelets must you secure

A. I know you'll love to dine and die in my bossom
My response "yes" is scornfully awesome
B. Don't dwell on the lane of scornfulness
But be transparent as light in abyss of wilderness

A. The falconer has blown the wrong whistle
The falcon is gone elsewhere in search for stronger pistol
B. Don't twist the untwisted tongue for wrong prophecy
But ministers from this miniature in pure modesty

A. This coyness love I refuse to return with all modesty
A test of time destiny shall turn truth around with all prophecy
B. Oh dainty soul! The cascading tears is enough to warn
That this destiny is rhyme and must not be shunned



A. Quit now! Or you live and die alone
For someone better awaits you in groan
Wishing you come greeting "hi"
But you seat here with a dashed hope from on high
B. To die is my pleasure if in your bossom
The task to decay I will accept, if it makes you awesome
There is not a peaceful mind like your early morning stream
This mind will I stick to, even if it pretends to be a gloom

A. You think the devil you knew is better than the angel you don't know
I weep for you, my bossom is worse than the abyss you long for home
B. This mixing of bone with bone, and blood with blood
Will rescue your worse bossom from the gory scene of flood

A. Sincerity, I have chosen to be in methodical
But your ears are love-deafened in periodical
B. A good choice to listen to me in time
So as to avoid the wizened stench outside of time

A. Oh gracious life! Why this torment from a lover's heart?
I should have refused to cross his part
Dear love-heart, help me to make the right choices
Even when surrounded with unpleasant, deadly voices

A. To your love advances, I succumb
Though my acceptance you won't always fathom
B. My best achievement of all season
My heart will continually flutters because of this reason.

          WORLD BARNABAS.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

Is the English Language a Curse or Blessing to Nigeria? by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

OSUN Commissions ICT centre to aid learning in Public schools by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed