I Have Not Met a Rape Victim. -By Akinwale Peace Akindayo

I have not met a rape victim before
but maybe if I meet her
She will tell me: her pussy is on fire and
her body is weak as a restless stone
Maybe she will write that her voice is taken
and her life has been blotted out of her vagina
Maybe she will say all men are assholes
and life is a burnt cit
Maybe she will laugh and start to cry
Maybe a rape victim will tell me
her body is melting
or she doesn't know where she is —
Maybe she will say the home she knows
is a poison / the venom of a snake / a
cursed tree / the devil's bread
and the world, well, is not for her
Maybe if I meet a fresh rape victim
She will not tell me anything
because they've taken life out of her
She is buried in her own body
and the corpse keeps staring at the mirror.

© Peace Akinwale


Follow the trend:

#WriteWithVincent
#Day5
#SayNoToDrugAbuse
#SayNoToRape
 #CreatingAwareness
#Johnchizobavincent
#ReachingOutToAll


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

A REVIEW OF DENJA ABDULLAH’S PLAY DEATH AND THE KING’S GREY HAIR - By Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

Is the English Language a Curse or Blessing to Nigeria? by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed