I AM SAD LIKE A FUNERAL - BY SAKARIYAU ABDUL AZEEZ


The question that torments my head 

wages war against my heart

The degree of its provocation

lures tears to my eyes like excessive rain falling from the sky

It keeps me in an agony of deepest dejection

as it always makes me, tired to think

I cry from the depth of my mind

but the world around me is too dark to notice my existence

I am sad like a funeral

cos the wind whistling around me hinder the projection of my voice

My homeland is burning

Adult and children are wailing

Wailing without approaches

to quench the blazing

The fire is in ecstasy

And my people in disarray

How easily the trauma evaporates from their minds

When the fire fighters are around

Is the surprise in my eyes

And when their services are rejected

After an accusation of harsh dexterity

To curb the inferno

The Echoes of disarray continue


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

Is the English Language a Curse or Blessing to Nigeria? by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

DO NOT PUT YOUR CHILDREN IN THE CARE OF FAMILY MEMBERS -By Adetayo Omotayo Emmanuel Adedayo Ojelade