PELUMI - BY ADURAGBEMI BARNABAS

Pelumi,
Please answer your name in my life
Accept my offering as a ring in the womb
Listen attentively to my crying knees
Who because of you befriend the ground
Listen to the anthem of my hands
Who because of you pitch its tent with cymbals.

Pelumi,
Make my dream of yester years a reality
Where bone will dine with bone and flesh with flesh
Where lips will clean lips, and palm will rub palm
Where the conserved energy will be enough to dig a hole
Where heart communicate with heart in sweat
Where echoes of Eve reverberate once again.

Pelumi,
Don't leave me in this junction of infatuation
Hold my hands in the midst of oceans
Hold my hands under the shade of the moon
Hold my hands to where fields are green
To show you the great wonders of the world
Hold my hands to cross the boundary of forlorn hope.

Pelumi,
Let me take you through the wings of the birds
Let me take you to the mansions I built on trees
Let me because of this day spend all my worth
Let me take you to the falconer
To learn the language of birds
Let me take you to the deep of the ocean
To learn the beauty of the mermaids
Let me take you to victorians
To learn the ministration of flowers.

Pelumi,
Come, please come unto me
And because of the joy of today
Don't hesitate to turn my village to city
To turn my desert to a fruitful land
To cloth my skeleton with the flesh of love
To dash my doubts on the boiling cliff.

Pelumi,
I promise, because of the gain of today
To sleep within the lines of your weaving
To reflect my image in the mirror of your beauty
To whittle down a wood into your stature
To have our honeymoon in the softness of your palm
To walk through the gloomy road with the whiteness of your teeth.

Pelumi,
With the gladness of heart, accept my Nigella damascena
That has successfully grown on seven mountains
Accept my Arbutus with Baby's Breath
To make me happy once again
My Balsam is also growing rapidly in the midst of thorns
To satisfy the pleasure of my queen.

Pelumi,
Because of the unending pain in the subtle mind
Don't be joyous in giving me King's Spear and Manchineel
Don't let my fortune be like that of dark horse
Racing with great vitality in the abyss
Don't let my portion be like that of farmer
Sowing in tears but reaping in famine.

Pelumi,
I love you with all my heart
If only you can perceive it in my melody
I love you with all my heart
If only you can see it in my sacrifice
This last thing I ask with great desperation
Let between your loins this law of chastity be dashed.


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .WORLD BARNABAS.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

Is the English Language a Curse or Blessing to Nigeria? by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

DO NOT PUT YOUR CHILDREN IN THE CARE OF FAMILY MEMBERS -By Adetayo Omotayo Emmanuel Adedayo Ojelade