SHE SAID I LAUGHED - BY ADURAGBEMI BARNABAS


I laughed
at the uprooted strength
of mushy mussy feeder
lingering on the comic canopy
of debased and blunt serration
applauding breeze of patterned motion.

I laughed
in the crystal solid tryst
magnetic enchantment of heart
coloured in thought of rainbow
xerox of kite on eagle's wing
sprawling to lubricate the golden stone.

I laughed
with the workers of narrow path
exploring the magnitude of alcove
riding bicycle in the bushy village
counting tallies of time in sweat
Sewing seriousness on mockery machine.




I laughed
gazing costumey wizened alter ego
shapelessly dashing in abyss of scorn
chameleon on the rock of shadeless trail
mounting peacock in mirror of chick
hotcake in town, stale bread at home.

I laughed
to see marketers in many cities
‘animasahuning’ across gate of currency
magnanimous mistress of merry mood
emeritus striker of dislocated loin
on the roadside and across the riverside.

I laughed
at the melting candle on golden stand
at the friction of stiletto to slipper
at the ripe, decaying fruitless fruit
at the magical shrinking of eight to one
at the green morning racing to leafless night.




I laughed
great thanks to faithful cup of wine
dutiful in splashing condensed milk
kudos to banana along Father Abraham's street
punctual to growth, sharpened to rake
I laughed, I laughed, I laughed.


                      WORLD BARNABAS.

Comments

  1. I laughed on reading stanza five
    Good work bro. More ink to your pen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

Is the English Language a Curse or Blessing to Nigeria? by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

DO NOT PUT YOUR CHILDREN IN THE CARE OF FAMILY MEMBERS -By Adetayo Omotayo Emmanuel Adedayo Ojelade