LIFE FOR RENT – BY ADURAGBEMI BARNABAS

I can laugh because I’m happy
But I’m laughing because the happiness has gone
And the unexpected has nullify our euphoria
Though there is water everywhere
But there is no water to drink
Though freedom abounds from the outset
But people are dining in misery.
Though beautiful years of harvest are recorded
But people are residing in the insole of wants
Even the sun testifies to the condition of man
Through its heat as if to burn the ado
The moon descends at night
With tremor like a giant to pacify the fuss
The wind blew as if to unfold its ominous view
The ocean roar in pain
As if to surmount the inconspicuous mishap
The cloud mumbles as if to exterminate the slave master
Even the shadow is ever following to console.
Cat-o-nine-tails is the only communication channel
Where there is no chance for alternative
What I like most to do resides in my imagination
But never materialized because
There is no fertile land to appreciate my seed
Those I struggle to plant with the motive of shock
Are being choked up by the thorns
Even the formation of life is hidden
And appear like a masquerade with a mishmash of garment
Where solid foundation became a slippery ground
That has abolished a lot of ideas.
What is then the essence of life?
What is the purpose of procreation?
When will life become favorable to me?
When will Banana Republic gain its independence?
When will I exchange pleasantry with my shadow?
When will my mother dwell in paradise?
Those who claim to know the road; show me the road
Those who claim to understand the mysteries of life; interpret my parable
Those who have degree in consolation; make me happy ones again
Those who have food; feed me
Those who have water; quench my thirst
Those who can broadcast; make my request known to the world
Those who are closer to the king; plead for my deliverance.
I live my life like a mad man
Whose best cloth is rag and apartment is dunghill
I live my life like the serfs who is in land trust to the lord
I live my life like a prey in the hand of predator
I live my life like a sandal
Though beautify the feet but will later worn-out
I live my life like a fan that produces breeze but still emitting heat
I live my life like nightingale whose music is sonorous
But it’s out of badass experience of life.
How I wish the world is free
How I wish life is without pain
If the world is free, then will I be free.
     

                                                   WORLD BARNABAS. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A REVIEW OF DENJA ABDULLAH’S PLAY DEATH AND THE KING’S GREY HAIR - By Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

Never Saw Poverty Like This - By: Tosin Omotayo and kazeem Ademola