FLEE, I’LL PURSUE

The moon of dawn monitors
The voyage of travellers
From the North to the South, From the West to the East
Along the latitudinal and longitudinal
Lines of geo-graphical calculation Within the winds, between spaces, And upon crooked roads on
The baldish cranium of the earth.


Ah, my eyes are strongly fixed
Upon the spans of your steps
Just as the tents of earth are constantly
Pitched upon the pillars of water.


Now, like an allergic gardener, Bid me away – a mephitic
He-goat, polluting the nourishment
Of fresh air in your pleasant pasture.


But, look, I shall stand dauntless here like
Moses’ rod before the Israelites at the red sea.


Frown at me as the draconian drought
Which petrifies the prestige of plants
On a plane platform of proud plantation. But then will I smile in response
As the stars, aloft the enigmatic edifices
Of darkness upon the darkened skull
Of the universe.



Suffer not your feet to flee as Sisera: For as Barack, I shall pursue.


Slam a mighty stamp of silence Upon my garrulous sermon, Only then will I, in thought, With the utmost certainty,
Re-cognise the crucial cushion
Which hosts your hips in my melting mind.




BY:  Ògúnyọmí Israel Abídèmí 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

Is the English Language a Curse or Blessing to Nigeria? by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

RECESSION: COMMON NIGERIANS AND THE PRIDE FOR MOTOR CYCLE – BY OLANIYI ABDULWAHEED