DECLARATION OF WAR by Winlade Isreal

Street gave me life,
In ghetto was I brought up.
But fixed are my eyes
Heading to dwell in Land is Banana
Where wealthy hearts beat with joy.

I strive from the grass
To climb and stay at the apex of that palm tree,
While some innocent minds found themselves dining on the tree.
But I count our differences nothing
To be inspired to forge ahead.

I will declare the existence of possibility
In impossible cases,
To make it known to the world
How impossibility never existed,
But created personally
From the factory of the mind.

I stand gallantly to declare war
On Nature the governor! Who giveth not what one desires.
But rather hold rocket
Against ones desire
Until one stand to snatch the desire.

I declare war to Her
No matter the bomb she throws
I will stand with my fearless mind
And my powerful hands
To snatch that very thing I desire,
And construct my dream.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

Is the English Language a Curse or Blessing to Nigeria? by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

RECESSION: COMMON NIGERIANS AND THE PRIDE FOR MOTOR CYCLE – BY OLANIYI ABDULWAHEED