OPEN LETTER TO DEATH - By Ojuade Lukman


Dearly ender of life,
You set out soon as I embark on my mission,
To quickly detonate the bomb you planted.
Forgot my address? You numskull!
Tell me the cause of your delay.
I carry the bomb everywhere,
To remind me of your foretold visit.
I also do my assignment even on the walk,
racing with time against your approaching.
Long enough I have expected thee,
Until my heart go fonder.
Yippee! I have imprinted my foot.
Land tonight or ages hence,
Death your are already late

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the English Language a Curse or Blessing to Nigeria? by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

A CRITICAL REVIEW OF A PLAY TITLED “ARMattan of VENOM” BY OLANIYI ABDULWAHEED