Guardian Vulture - By Sodiq Lawal


We eat in the same bowl with bare hands
So clean I thought would also be our minds
And down the deepest secret I shared
And I feel secured with you being naked


Your advice, I follow so keen
Not knowing we drank different wine
The colour in the glass was red
I was drinking the wine, you tonic


I was getting so much drunk
You were refiling your blood tank
And we hold hands like forever
But your mind was evil ever


You had claws you hid
Unknowingly I cling too hard
Your beak looks so attractive and harmless
Not knowing it tears with wickedness


You were waiting for the day to devour
And fly off with your beautiful wings
I was unaware that forever with you was unreal
I sold my all and my next to you


When we played like the young boys
And I thought we both have the toy guns
Till the prank fails and surprised
When you shoot and the lizard shrugged


If the nose was not wicked
I should have smelled your fraud
Or the stomach wasn't too light
I should have known who wants to swallow me


Not until I regain my  lost self
That vultures ain't here to love
They lead you to the deep pit
And deceive you with wit




Who would save us from these fake guardian
That shows more love than our enemies
Only OLODUMARE, that knows all mind
And holds all thoughts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the English Language a Curse or Blessing to Nigeria? by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

A CRITICAL REVIEW OF A PLAY TITLED “ARMattan of VENOM” BY OLANIYI ABDULWAHEED