AN ENCOUNTER WITH LOVE. - By Saka Temitope Abdulmalik

Never imagined your existence,
An abstract and unreal picture of you I had,no pretence.
Until I saw a furtive wave,lurking towards me,
Introspectively, what could this be?

It was a she, with lustrous pulchritude.
Angels are males,and Jinns, I can not see....
So,who are u?a mermaid?
Into my hear you whispered,LOVE..

Out of their sockets,I found my eyes,
Now clearer my vision,like hers,
Hears widened,it sounded nice.
So you are real! I exclaimed,with tears.

Your hushed voice quenched my hunger,
 Very actuated!hairs stood in each strand.
I wished we stayed longer...
Until the whining mosquito brought me from dreamland.

Visited by you,I'm more delighted.
The company of love birds, I'd say.
A courtesy visit,I'd repay.
To fulfill What you requested.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the English Language a Curse or Blessing to Nigeria? by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

A CRITICAL REVIEW OF A PLAY TITLED “ARMattan of VENOM” BY OLANIYI ABDULWAHEED