HERO - By Ibrahim Adeniji



My blood pumps harder than it should
Energy revels in my entire space
Ever ready for impact like a bullet in a barrel
My heart sing songs of praise
Every moment I live to embrace
I think I’m going to be a hero
I will rise like the falcon’s wings
Thrust through injustice like an inspired agonist
Build refugees a home & put others’ needs before my own
Become a bridge and not a fence
Cast goodwill when shown offence
Give everyone a hand with just two
Raise the fallen and those afraid to
I don’t need money or power
Or anything everybody doesn’t have
I only need see with my head and my heart
The world is part of me, as I of it
If I can transform even just one sadness around
My sadness too will go beyond being found
If you want your life to really matter
Then live it for yourself as well as others.


Photo Credit: Pixabay.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

A REVIEW OF DENJA ABDULLAH’S PLAY DEATH AND THE KING’S GREY HAIR - By Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

A CRITICAL REVIEW OF A PLAY TITLED “ARMattan of VENOM” BY OLANIYI ABDULWAHEED