CLAIRE - Ibrahim Adeniji


My world is beautiful, it bears me all over
Every day is a fantasy, precise to my destiny
And then one day it was all on fire
My Clark met a kryptonite
Piece by piece my paradise began to crumble
I became a stranger to my routine
My lovely worst fear knocked on my door
Irresistible like gravity, I let her in
But she came seeking not me but one of my own
My eyes immediately grew wet and puffy
Shoulders sagged and heavy
I must now find my way back
Patch and amend my breached strong hold
Pray I return to my Eden
It’s the only place for me like nowhere else
The place I can love, thrive and cherish myself
The place immune to Claire and my Kryptonite
And one day when the crow wake us again
I hope like me you get what you want

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

A REVIEW OF DENJA ABDULLAH’S PLAY DEATH AND THE KING’S GREY HAIR - By Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

A CRITICAL REVIEW OF A PLAY TITLED “ARMattan of VENOM” BY OLANIYI ABDULWAHEED