"THE COIN" - By Ojuade Lukman


Your majesty, Eureka!
I know the right route
there down the one path
we all ought follow.
Ah me! Never be resolute young ‘kurd’
your preparatory age is yet maleficent.
I shall acquaint proper data
into your mentation
to reform the data formed in your common presence-With my genuine soul
always remember life as a coin.
These are the wiseacre of the intelligentsia
Good-Evil
Beauty-Beast
Esoteric-Superficial
Cosmos-Microcosm
Apollonius-Dionysius
Pythagoras-Socrates
Tut! Tut! Tut! your majesty,
my perplexity-young Kurd-wait- split the coin,
you'll find perspectives,
therein lies other routes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the English Language a Curse or Blessing to Nigeria? by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

A CRITICAL REVIEW OF A PLAY TITLED “ARMattan of VENOM” BY OLANIYI ABDULWAHEED

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed