I STILL HAVE YOUR SMILE - By John Chizoba Vincent


That year in the lighted classroom,
We sat together and parrot, the ABC.
We were the last skin layer of the moon,
We shone brightly to the sky and the people,
Then you gave me your smile to hold for you.

That year behind the Udala tree in my backyard,
I kissed you for the first time without any guilt
and, I  showed you the world through my eyes;
You gave me your smile to keep for you in my laughter.
I touched your emotions and feelings gently,
It was the first time I saw you moan diligently.

That year when we went wild in love,
I found comforting restoration in the mounting redness of the woman you are made to be,
You gave me a kiss to hold for you till eternity;
Here is your kiss I still have it on my palms.
The image of the caved love we drew is still here in my heart.

That year I cried white tears for your love,
Tears that tells a lost stories of imperfection.
When I have travelled far in the world' deserts,
When I have climbed the world's highest mountains;
When I closed my eyes before saying your names,
When I have seen what is meant for the eyes
Now, I know you are more than a precious stone.

That year, I still remember that year we dance 
Naked under the rain without being ashamed
Of those watching from afar in anger.
You gave me your hope and smile to keep,
I still have them with me in my bosom.
Come take them any time you need them to live.

I live for you the life in your life,
The man in my man lives in your heart.
You are my beat and I am your beat,
Next time you come around my heart again,
You will see those things belonging to you humbly arranged in my heart till you need them to live.
I still have your smile with me till eternity.

(C) John Chizoba Vincent
All Right Reserved 2016

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A REVIEW OF DENJA ABDULLAH’S PLAY DEATH AND THE KING’S GREY HAIR - By Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

NIGERIAN YOUTHS FROWN AGAINST JUNGLE JUSTICE