I’M BACK TO YOU - BY ADURAGBEMI BARNABAS

Mind traversed myriad levels of uncertainty
Wings are weakened, my neglected home is calling
Accept me in the softness of your merciful heart
Let me see paradise in your angelic conversation
Wounded wanderer falls at your pool for healing.

The last time we traveled to the blazing moon
Intertwining pleasure of time on stressless dome
We hoped for evening of morning and night of afternoon
Snow-like coldness of the night fails to untie heat cramps
We scored the reverberating echoes of lovers’ nightingales.

I responded the magnetic call of marketers of other road
I left the poor happiness for decorated stainless sting
All ways are ways but ways bellies confusion in abyss
I’m thirsty on the path of wilderness awaiting rain of tears
I’m at the junction of life decisions, kindly help this flimsy thought.

I saw the rising winds of consciousness that uprooted ignorance
I saw the lamentations of caged birds on mountain of deception
I saw the nurtured pregnancy of hopeless dawn of dusky dust
I saw erosions of regrets at the vineyard of faulty desperation
I saw the imbecilic dances of the downgraded covenant.

I abused the natural ventilation of early morning stream
That induces springs of comfort and seeds of confidence
I misinterpreted signs on your face and clicking of your heels
Which only expressed hidden truth that hanged mysterious end
Waiting learner is gallantly prepared for admission into holy of holies.


I’m back to rebuild the broken rings among the undertakers
Inform the dutiful gateman of colourless painting to depart dream
For the wandering eagle will soar in this compound once again
I will surely worship the dumbfounding wonders of this nature
What a great irrecoverable joy to interpret the parable of loins!   

                                   WORLD BARNABAS

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

A REVIEW OF DENJA ABDULLAH’S PLAY DEATH AND THE KING’S GREY HAIR - By Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

Is the English Language a Curse or Blessing to Nigeria? by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed