Second Class Citizen - by Sakariyau Abdul Azeez


Emaciated bones shivering l
In my abode street
Along pyton and voluptuous beast comrades
Everyone avoids my path
Like a bullet anthem; bloodshed gory
What a stiffening indignantly
A pariah in my clime
Alas! the cosmos l carry.

O you hard hearts
Whose planted on my head
The Tree of penury
Plunging the incessant misery
Like a never ending fruit
Chameleon my kismet
In new shape of your choosing
Subjugated l;but hope l have
In the second sphere
Where harvested l my sweat labour
Where the truth me revealed
Along new cream company class.

(lnspired by Sola Owonibi In Homeless Not Hopeless)
       

                          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the English Language a Curse or Blessing to Nigeria? by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

The origin of African Drama and Theatre with Salient Elements from Selected Plays by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed

OSUN Commissions ICT centre to aid learning in Public schools by Olaniyi Abdulwaheed